Home Enhancement Guide
A buyer’s first impression occurs as they drive up to your home and experience its ‘Curb Appeal’. Creating a pleasing, inviting visual impact from the street is an important factor, not to be underestimated. The following are some simple suggestions for enhancing your home’s exterior appeal.
- Remove all clutter, such as toys, newspapers and yard tools.
- Pick up after your pets.
- Keep the lawn well maintained, with all hedges & shrubs trimmed.
- Remove all dead or dying plants.
- Clean grease or oil spots on the driveway.
- Freshly painted exteriors provide a huge impact leaving the home looking clean and crisp.
- Repair or replace anything that looks old or worn, such as fences, front door or porch details.
- Front doors welcome buyers to your home. Decorate them seasonally or place colorful potted plants nearby.
- A well maintained roof has a huge impact on property value.
- Leave the driveway clear. Park your vehicles in the garage or on the street.
- Add color everywhere with potted plants and flowers.
Appealing to the senses has a huge impact on prospective buyers, but doesn’t need to have a huge impact on your pocketbook. Keep your home smelling fresh, clean and fill it with light.
- Well-lit homes promote a sense of well-being. Keep windows clean, open the drapes and blinds.
- Make beds; clean up dishes; empty wastebaskets; put away toys. Vacuum and dust.
- Repair or replace worn carpets and drapes.
- Clean smudges or marks on walls. Nothing brightens a room more than fresh paint.
- Keep colors a neutral light shade. Colorful accents may be added with flowers or area rugs & pillows.
- Set a comfortable temperature.
- Freshen the air; potpourri or baked bread aroma, and deodorize pet areas.
- Light a fire in the fireplace when appropriate.
- Foyer: Welcome your buyers with a pleasant, appealing entry atmosphere. Floors should shine.
- Kitchens are the most important room in the house. If it is out of date, it might be worth considering some minor updates. Replace old cabinet hardware, spruce up the cabinets & replace outdated fixtures.
- Arrange fresh flowers throughout the home.
He is our "go to" realtor - highly recommend!
It was a pleasure working with Dean who was instrumental in helping us find our home. Throughout the whole process he remained professional yet also personable. We saw a significant number of homes, enough to drive anyone crazy, yet Dean was always so patient and was willing to show us as many houses as necessary until we found the perfect fit. He was always fully prepared – having researched each of the houses we were looking at as well as the neighborhood. In addition, he was extremely pro…
Mr. Lykos had me feeling as though our business together was his top priority
My experience with Mr. Lykos had me feeling as though our business together was his top priority. In retrospect, I must say that he was there for us every step of the way. So much so there wasn’t even a phone call he missed, and there were a lot of phone calls. Beyond his obvious professionalism and expertise, it was refreshing dealing with such gentleman. Other that than I look forward to the next project he brings my way. Thanks Dean.
His attention to detail was always apparent
Dean Lykos spent several weeks researching, evaluating and showing my wife and I many potential homes. I would highly recommend his services. His attention to detail was always apparent and his personable demeanor helped make my wife and I feel comfortable.
We couldn't have been happier!
We strongly recommend Dean. We couldn’t have been happier. We originally had several poor real estate agents who were unresponsive and didn’t show us homes we were interested in, but after we met Dean, we felt comfortable with him and didn’t feel the need to reach out to anyone else. Always friendly, approachable, and professional, Dean listens, understands, and respects what we desire in a house. He stuck to our budget, and was mindful that we could either fix up a house or purchase a m…
I would not hesitate to recommend him to my family and friends
I have sold my home and bought a new one plus he is now selling my parents home. He is professional, honest and very helpful. I would not hesitate to recommend him to my family and friends. He works with you and has given me a lot of advise and is ver easy to talk to
Very professional, knowledgeable and accommodating
Very professional, knowledgeable and accommodating. Always willing and able to show us properties, even in bad weather conditions. Would highly recommend Dean Lykos.
By the end of May there was a buyer
My real estate agent Dean Lykos listed my home on Zillow the end of April 2016 and by the end of May there was a buyer. Dean is totally professional, knows the real estate business very well and is totally accessible. No matter when I called him he was always there for me. I would highly recommend Dean Lykos
You won't be disappointed
I have to start by saying Sandy Bianco helps her clients find a house like it was her very own. She is extremely available for texts phone calls and last minute appointments. She is amazing at finding the information that you can’t and fast. Her knowledge in our house search process has been priceless. I would recommend Ms. Bianco as a real estate agent, you won’t be disappointed.
Honest, responsive, and highly motivated to get you the best possible price
Honest, responsive, and highly motivated to get you the best possible price. Dean Lykos is truly a premier agent. My wife and I are very picky people. However Dean’s knowledge of NY and Long Island blew our minds. He was able to place us in a true dream of a home and a spectacular neighborhood. I would recommend his services time and time again
Able to sell the house for more than asking price
Joy is extremely knowledgeable and professional. I hired her to sell my parents home after they passed away. She was compassionate and understanding of my feelings during the entire process of selling my parents home. The fact that my parents home was next door to my own home it was crucial that I was comfortable with the new buyers. She was also able to sell the house for more than asking price. Joy made the entire process stressless and smooth. I highly recommend Joy!